If you have ever THOUGHT about doing yoga teacher training you probably have some questions like the below, I hope these answers help to reassure…
What if I don’t ever actually want to TEACH yoga?
- On your first day of teacher training, you will see how there is usually around 50/50 split in the group of those who want to teach and those who definitely don’t. Our style of training is so much about personal development as well as yoga, that lots of people do the training purely for personal growth or YOU time! By the end of the training there usually a couple of those who change their mind 😉 but there is no pressure, it will just be a useful tool for you to have to share with others or just to gain insight and confidence in yourself during the process.
What if I don’t know if I want to teach yoga?
- We don’t expect you to know… especially as you’ve probably never tried it before and don’t know the tricks, YET! Lots of people are certain they don’t want to teach and then fall in love with it. Others float in and out of teaching during their lifetimes, but how your way of being will shift through your learnings will serve you in every area of your life, and having a qualification that allows you to earn income anywhere in the world, online or in person, can be a lifeline.
What if I can’t do… crow / handstand / headstand?
- This is one of the most common concerns… ‘I don’t think I can do the teacher training until I can do….’ To me, this is such a shame, firstly, it is the least important aspect of the training. If you consider a general yoga class, most of those you are teaching are so nervous themselves and just want to be able to get closer to touching their toe and someone make them feel comfortable. It is unlikely you are going to be getting too many gymnasts or ballerinas in your class 🙂 And, how much more connected to your teacher do you feel when they are also working on something, it’s important that you come across human, yoga is for everyone! And what I have seen so many times… life happens personal circumstances, location, wellness, relative wellness, anything could happen which may mean that the course which was once possible, that you were nervous about doing, is no longer an option. Never let fear hold you back!
What if I have a bad… back / shoulder / wrist?
- Great (in the kindest way possible!) you will be a better teacher for it! You will HAVE to learn how to modify and you will be able to CONNECT truly with students with injuries, have empathy and be able to adapt class for them, what a valuable lesson. You can rest at anytime during the training, go at your own pace, that’s what yoga is all about, just enjoy it!
What if I’m shy / don’t like sharing / feel nervous?
- Then this is the training you NEED – standing up to teach a room of people something you don’t know much about is incredibly challenging! But it’s also a highway to transformation. You will PRACTICE stepping out of your own way every day until it becomes the norm, even comfortable, maybe even fun! And that new way of being stays with you for life.
What if I need specific payment options?
- Just drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange a plan that works for you!
What if COVID interferes again?
- We adapt – all your course payments are transferable so you will be able to move trainings, no problem! All T&C’s detailed on course application on the teacher training page here.
Whats the difference between the online vs in-person options?
- Purely just the format. The magic of the training (in psychological terms…self-actualisation) is created by providing core conditions in a space (honesty, empathy and acceptance) those conditions are present in our training groups online or in person. We have merely adjusted the contact aspects of the course so we can talk through it in theory and you will be practicing your teaching online rather than in person, which in today’s environment is just as important! Both courses are equally powerful, we’ve put a lot of time in to make sure nothing is missed!
Any other questions? BOOK INTO OUR FREE ONLINE TEACHER TRAINING OPEN MEETING Tuesday 8th December 2020, 20.00 – 20.30, where we will come together, chat through anything you might be worried about and you may even meet some potential fellow course mates! PLEASE BOOK HERE so that I know how to expect – Link to meeting will be emailed to those booked in on the day of the meeting.
If you can’t make that meeting but have any other questions just email email@example.com and we can chat anything through with you 🙂